My journey



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="198" caption="Cover via Amazon"]Cover of "Buddha's Brain: The Practical N...[/caption]


Last week I started reading Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom. I have to admit I didn't get totally engrossed in it and have not finished it, but I did want to tell you all about my reaction to it.


I will start by saying that I have been going through some psychological issues for the last month and a half. A psychologist recommended it to me and I bought it soon after. So why did I wait to start reading it? Vampire Academy. I know I know my well-being should come first, but come on, it's Vampire Academy! In its defense, it did make me feel better because it's so good.


Any hoo, I am inviting all my readers to join me on my journey to happiness, love, and wisdom! You don't have to read the book to do so, I will be posting once a week about my journey in the hopes that you learn something valuable from them and that you may try to bring more H L & W into your life. If you will be reading the book PLEASE feel free to leave a comment or send an email! Even though I will be following exercises from the book, I will also be doing things on my own.


For the first part of the book, the author writes that we sometimes cause "suffering" from nothing at all. His example being coming home from work to a messy house. We might get upset sure, but is there really a reason? No, there isn't. If you want to you can pick up the jackets on the couch or do some dishes. End of messiness and unnecessary suffering. This is what I am working on at the moment. I am also working on not jumping into arguing with others or letting things upset me (a big one for me!). So far so good, I feel more peaceful not constantly worrying. Today I will clean my room with a smile (and 60s music) to jumpstart my personal journey with de-cluttering. Wish me luck :D


Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

What a fabulous review! I think I may need to check this book out sometime soon!! :)

firepages said...

I love this idea Anaiz, and I will absolutely go on this journey with you. I often get mad at very small annoying things, like coming home to a messy house, or when I accidentally knock my adapter plug out of my computer. I swear it bothers me more than bills and other heavier issues. I don't know why I can handle tough stuff in stride, but completely melt down when little things happen. Cheers to Happiness, Love & Wisdom.

Dancing Branflake said...

This is so weird because I have been thinking a lot about Buddha lately and now I have come across your blog. I hope you come out of this experience with peace in your heart.