I’m only gonna break break your break break your…

Nose. I had always thought I had an ugly nose, I had a bump and it was big, I saw it as that one thing I wish I could change. I recently found out I had a nose fracture. When the doctor asked me how it happened, I began to think back to find any incident where I had been hit. I thought of only one. 41/2 years ago I went to Mexico for summer break. My cousin celebrated his birthday over there complete with homemade ice cream and a pinata. I had never been fond of them even as a child. I chose to stand as far away as possible while still being able to film it for him. All was going well until a young girl was up to bat. On the third hit the stick she was holding broke in half and flew in my direction. It hit the camera first then ricocheted straight to my nose. It didn't hurt much, but it did scratch my nose. It was embarrassing and a few minutes later it was hilarious. The camera was on the entire time and everyone watched that moment and rewound it several times. I had to endure it the rest of the trip. My mom had wanted me to go to the doctor, but I insisted it was nothing and it didn't hurt. Fast forward 41/2 years and here I am about to go into surgery (for the first time ever in my life). I wasn't nervous, which surprised me, all the nurses were very nice and when I told them the story they laughed too. The other day I read a story on CNN about a lady who woke up during surgery and is now on medication for post traumatic stress disorder. I am very thankful I didn't read it before the surgery, I would've been a nervous wreck. Luckily everything went well I was out like a light and woke up hours later...very nauseous. That first day was the worst. I don't want to gross anyone out but I think people should know this about nose surgery. I threw up a lot of blood. Gross. That was two weeks ago. I am still a bit swollen (the doctor says it won't go down completely for two months). I was also pretty bruised until last week. My breathing is great now (how I didn't notice I will never know), my nose is no longer crooked (again how did I not notice?), and the doctor got rid of the bump on my nose! My friend accuses me of having a nose job and making up the part of it being broken -__- My mom was the most affected by this whole ordeal I think. Whenever she sees me she always says "How did we not notice?!". Oh well mami, now we know.

No comments: