Put the pedal to the... plastic?

We all had Monday off so a few of us went to the Shoreline Sailing Lake in Mountain View. It was so much fun even though my shoulders burned slightly. We rented a "pedalboat" (only $17 for an hour!) and I picked out a dark green one. My Dad and I pedaled first while my sister hung out in the back taking in the view.When she took over the pedaling for my Dad she finally handed over the camera and I started shooting pictures of this little dock on the opposite side of the lake that I fell in love with:There were a lot of birds and ducks around, one of them kept ducking into the water whenever I tried to take a picture of it, but I managed to find a group of em' that were more than willing to pose. The Shoreline also rents out kayaks, canoes (I'm getting one next time for sure), sailboats, bikes, windsurfers, and rowboats. They have great trails to walk or run on too. It was my first time there and I want to go back and try everything. I have to admit I am a little nervous about the kayak as I saw two people flip over as they were trying to get in, but they came out of the water laughing their heads off, so it looked like even more fun.What is it about water that is so peaceful and relaxing?

1 comment:

Maddy said...

I think it's because you're stuck in the middle of the water in the arms of mother nature :o) I love pedalboats! They're such a great workout for your legs too!